- "Dwarf opee sea killers!"
- ―Jar Jar Binks, upon witnessing Nink and Vink swimming out of their containement bubble
Dwarf opee sea killers were a downsized subspecies of the opee, a carnivorous non-sentient creature with reddish orange skin and yellow eyes that lived in the sweet waters of the planets Naboo and Aquilaris. While the "dwarf" opees were as heavily plated as their bigger counterparts, they were much rarer and measured less than half the size of the full-sized ones—which made them less than 10 meters. They were in fact genetically incapable of growing any larger than that.
The zoo of Otoh Gunga, the underwater capital of the Gungans on Naboo, used to host two dwarf opees christened Nink and Vink until a Gungan named Jar Jar Binks accidentally released them into the city by deactivating their hydrostatic bubble.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- According to Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core, the dwarf opees were "less than half the size of their full-size counterparts," which The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide gave as 20 meters.
- In Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core, it was stated that the dwarf opees only differ from the bigger ones by their size. The reference book The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide showed that the regular opees were red or orange in color, with yellow eyes.
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer