The E-22 blaster rifle was a reciprocating, double-barreled blaster that was bigger and more powerful than the standard E-11 blaster rifle used by the Galactic Empire's stormtroopers. The E-22 saw use during the Age of the Empire. It was commonly used by coastal defender stormtroopers stationed at the top secret Imperial security complex on the tropical planet Scarif and mudtroopers stationed on the planet Mimban.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY, the E-22 saw use against Alliance to Restore the Republic forces in the hands of a number of shoretroopers. Ultimately, however, the Galactic Empire's efforts proved ineffective in stopping the Rebel squad "Rogue One" from stealing the Death Star plans from the Scarif vault, and the facility, along with any shoretroopers on the surface, was destroyed by a single reactor blast from the Death Star ordered by Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin in an unsuccessful attempt at stopping the plans from being transmitted to Princess Leia Organa aboard the Tantive IV, which proceeded to flee the battle by jumping to hyperspace.
The E-22 was also used by many of the Imperial swamp troopers stationed on the planet Mimban with the 224th Imperial Armored Division. Swamp troopers learned to keep the blaster's recoil sleeve free of mud, due to the possibility of the mud causing a weapon malfunction.
Years after the fall of the Empire, the E-22 was used by Imperial remnant forces. Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin encountered a stormtrooper, armed with an E-22, whilst retrieving the Child from an Imperial compound. Later, Djarin and his allies were trapped in the Nevarro cantina by a force of stormtroopers, some of which were carrying E-22 blaster rifles.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One Adaptation 5
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars 33
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- Poe Dameron 8
Sources[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75154 TIE Striker)
- (First identified as shoretrooper)
- Rogue One: Scarif (December 1, 2016). Retrieved on December 1, 2016. (backup link not available)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Picture only)
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"