- "Oh, nice to see a familiar face."
"E chu ta!"
- ―C-3PO and E-3PO
E-3PO was a silver 3PO protocol droid with yellow photoreceptors who was present in Cloud City, a tibanna gas mining colony that floated in the Life Zone of the planet Bespin, shortly after the Battle of Hoth. After exiting a room of Imperial stormtroopers, it was greeted by a fellow 3PO unit known as C-3PO but responded with a Huttese insult and continued down the hallway. After calling the protocol droid rude, C-3PO heard an R2 series astromech droid inside the room that E-3PO had exited and, believing that it was his friend R2-D2, entered to investigate the sound. However, instead of finding R2, he was blasted to pieces by stormtroopers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? audiobook
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all 3PO protocol droids are manufactured by Cybot Galactica.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all 3PO protocol droids stand 1. 67 meters tall.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head establishes that all 3PO protocol droids weigh 75 kilograms.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ "Jedi Challenge!"—Star Wars Insider 161