- "Send me a Baktoid model E-5, fully operational and armed, to my quarters."
- ―Raith Sienar, to Kett
The E-5 battle droid was a model of battle droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata. Based on the E4 baron droid, it was an interim successor to the B1 battle droid and was quickly made obsolete by the B2 super battle droid.
Tall and thin, the E-5 battle droid was based on the design of the E4 baron droid. Featuring armor heavier than that of the B1 battle droid, they were equipped with individual intelligence matrices, allowing them to operate independently of a Central Control Computer. However, their lack of intelligence was their greatest weakness, and an E-5's limited verbobrain was said to be as slow as that of any droid tank.
After the Trade Federation's defeat at the Battle of Naboo in the year 32 BBY, the E-5 was secretly designed and manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata as an interim successor to the B1 battle droid. As a temporary measure, they were produced in small numbers while the Trade Federation developed the B2 super battle droid, quickly rendering the E-5 obsolete.
- Rogue Planet (First appearance)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as E-5 battle droid)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Rogue Planet
- ↑ According to The New Essential Guide to Droids, battle droids are classified as fourth-degree droids.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 224 ("E-5 battle droid")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology