- "Members of my escort have completed assembly of an E-Web heavy repeating blaster. If you are unfamiliar with this weapon, I am sure that Republican Shock Trooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporize mid-descent facing the predecessor of this particular model. Or perhaps the decommissioned Mandalorian hunter, Din Djarin, has heard the songs of the Siege of Mandalore, when gunships outfitted with similar ordnance laid waste to fields of Mandalorian recruits in The Night of a Thousand Tears."
- ―Moff Gideon
The E-Web heavy repeating blaster cannon, formally known as the Emplacement Weapon, Heavy Blaster or simply as the E-Web was the most powerful heavy repeating blaster cannon in the Imperial arsenal and commonly used by Imperial snowtroopers of the Galactic Empire.
Description[edit | edit source]
The E-Web featured rigid mounts to counteract the kinetic energy created by the weapon's formidable firepower, and was usually operated by a two-person crew. However, its set-up time limited its effectiveness. In consequence, various Imperial crews pre-charged its generator for faster assembly, however doing so required careful adjustment of the power flow to prevent an overload.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Set up the cannon! Quickly!"
- ―A snowtrooper during the Battle of Hoth
When the Imperial forces invaded Echo Base on Hoth, they used an E-Web heavy repeating blaster cannon in an attempt to prevent the Millennium Falcon from escaping. A newer model was constructed by 9 ABY and was utilized by Moff Gideon's remnant during a skirmish on Nevarro.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as E-Web heavy repeating blaster cannon)
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 16 (Databank A-Z: E-11 Blaster–Cornelius Evazan)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 29 (Helmets: Snowtrooper)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- The Star Wars Book
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- According to The Mandalorian take place about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, it can be deduced with simple math that the events of The Mandalorian take place around 9 ABY. , the events of
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"