- "It was love at first 'Gonk' you might say."
- ―Emil Graf, on EG-30 and Jitt
EG-30 was a GNK-series power droid who befriended the Jawa mechanic Jitt on the planet Tatooine. The two maintained a close friendship until the droid was sold to a family of moisture farmers in 0 BBY. Decades later, EG-30 worked at the edge of Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, in an area controlled by the Resistance. He worked alongside fellow power droid EG-127.
- "Jitt and EG-30 were inseparable. They were never apart…work time…play time…nap time…free time…vacation time…and sometimes…just time."
- ―Emil Graf
EG-30 was a GNK-series power droid who was captured by a tribe of Jawas on the Outer Rim desert planet Tatooine. Several months prior to the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, he was brought aboard their sandcrawler, where he met the Jawa's chief mechanic, Jitt. The two instantly formed a connection, and would spend the coming months sharing nearly all their time together.
Knowing that her fellow Jawas would eventually want to sell EG-30, Jitt installed a device inside her friend that would blow his primary motivator, as no one would desire to buy a faulty droid. When the Jawas put EG-30 up for sale to a moisture farmer, Jitt was prepared to activate the device, but had a change of heart when she saw the farmer's daughter embrace the droid with a hug. She allowed the Jawas to sell the droid, wanting her friend to be a part of a family.
Decades later, during the time of the war between the First Order and the Resistance, the cartographer Emil Graf would tell the story of the droid and the Jawa to his companions aboard the Star Herald. EG-30 himself would eventually find his way to Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim world Batuu. A few months after the Hosnian Cataclysm in 34 ABY, he operated in an area controlled by the Resistance alongside another GNK power droid, EG-127, a veteran of the Galactic Civil War.
EG-30 shared a close relationship with his companion Jitt, working alongside the Jawa in both her work duties and her leisure hours. The droid partook in activities not often seen among GNK units; he was known to play against his friend in dejarik as well as compete in sledding races on the dunes of Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
EG-30 first appeared in "Tales from Wild Space: Gonk," the secondary story of Star Wars Adventures 8. The story was written and illustrated by Otis Frampton and published by IDW Publishing on March 28, 2018. The issue erroneously refers to the droid as "RM-30" on two occasions.
- "Tales from Wild Space: Gonk"—Star Wars Adventures 8 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-30 and EG-16" (Screenshots: 1)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 "Tales from Wild Space: Gonk"—Star Wars Adventures 8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- ↑ Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-30 and EG-16" (Screenshots: 1)
- ↑ Tales from Wild Space: Gonk partially depicts the auction of C-3PO and R2-D2, which occurs shortly before the Battle of Yavin. As "Gonk" states that Jitt and EG-30 had spent a few months with each other prior to this, their time together must happen before this event.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ The Lost Stories, Part 1 establishes that the frame narrative of Tales from Wild Space takes place some time during the events of the First Order–Resistance war.
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- ↑ STAR WARS ADVENTURES #8 CVR A GALLOWAY on PREVIEWSworld