- "Liberation. Free brothers and sisters."
- ―EG-57's stored memory from Kessel
EG-57 was a green-plated GNK-series power droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that in 10 BBY witnessed a slave and droid uprising in one of the Pyke Syndicate's spice mines on the planet Kessel. During the event it stored an internal data record consisting of an image of the mine's control room, showing the freed droids P6B-LT2, P1-SZE, C00-L05C, P4T-GM, S1D6-SA-5, and DV-4D4.
By 34 ABY, EG-57 had come to serve in the Resistance, and was part of its forces stationed on the planet Batuu during the world's occupation by the First Order. EG-57 worked in Resistance Supply in Black Spire Outpost, where it stood storing power for the Resistance next to a long-range antenna with fellow power droid EG-58.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
EG-57 first appeared as a prop within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The prop is capable of emitting various sound effects. The droid simultaneously appeared in the Star Wars: Datapad application launched alongside the themed land, where it was first identified as EG-57, although Galaxy's Edge staff were originally told to refer to it as VD-57. Only the Hollywood Studios datapad confirms that EG-57 is the green GNK droid.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Resistance Supply (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-57" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4) (First appearance, simultaneous with Resistance Supply) (First identified as EG-57)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-57" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that power droids are second class droids. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge establishes that EG-57 is a power droid, it must be a second class droid.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the slave and droid uprising on Kessel in Solo: A Star Wars Story to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY; therefore, the uprising on Kessel in Solo must take place in 10 BBY.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including EG-57's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Resistance Supply
- Resistance Supply has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.