EG-58 was a white-plated GNK-series power droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton. In 34 ABY, during the First Order's occupation of the planet Batuu, EG-58 was part of the Resistance forces stationed in Black Spire Outpost on the world. The power droid worked at Resistance Supply, where it stood with fellow droid EG-57 storing power for the Resistance next to a short-range antenna near the stall.
Behind the scenes
EG-58 first appeared as a prop within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The prop is capable of emitting various sound effects. The droid simultaneously appeared in the Star Wars: Datapad application launched alongside the themed land, where it was first identified as EG-58, although Galaxy's Edge staff were originally told to refer to it as MB-58. The Hollywood Studios datapad menu confirms that EG-57 is the green droid out of the pair, meaning EG-58 must be the white droid.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Resistance Supply (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-57" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4) (First appearance, simultaneous with Resistance Supply) (First identified as EG-58)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all GNK-series power droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that power droids are second class droids. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge establishes that EG-58 is a GNK-series power droid, it must share these characteristics.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Resistance Supply
- Star Wars: Datapad – "EG-57" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4)
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including EG-58's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Resistance Supply has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.