- "You need a blaster with enough punch."
- ―Padmé Amidala, on her ELG-3A
The ELG-3A blaster pistol, also known as the Naboo royal pistol or the royal blaster pistol was a model of diplomatic hold-out blaster pistol manufactured by Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc., and also attributed to SoroSuub Corporation. The Queen of Naboo, Padmé Amidala, used an ELG-3A blaster pistol during the Battle of Naboo, as did several of her Handmaidens. At least two of these blasters, with shortened barrels, were kept in a secret compartment of the Queen's throne in the Theed Royal Palace, which came in useful as last resort weapons.
The ELG-3A was a lightweight, elegant, and functional hold-out blaster pistol designed for practical use and easy concealment. It was a small, sleek weapon with a polished chrome finish and a wooden grip, and fired green or blue bolts, as well as a stun setting.[source?] The slim blaster was fired using a snap trigger, which required a firm squeeze to prevent misfires.
The ELG-3A became practically a standard accessory for diplomats and nobles in need of a personal sidearm. Padmé Amidala and her Naboo Royal Handmaidens carried these blasters, and utilized the weapons during the Battle of Naboo. Despite its small size, the ELG-3A packed a punch, and was able to destroy a BX-series droid commando with one shot to the head despite the droid's heavy armor.[source?]
As Senator of Naboo, Amidala carried this blaster during the period leading up to and during the Clone Wars. Amidala wielded an ELG-3A during missions to Rodia, Naboo, the Coruscant Underworld and when she was under threat of assassination on Alderaan, getting the jump on bounty hunter Aurra Sing and stunning her with a single shot.
Behind the scenes
Ultimate Star Wars cites the weapon's manufacturer as Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc., although also credits it as a SoroSuub ELG-3A. In Legends material, the blaster was a SoroSuub spin-off of a Merr-Sonn product, although no such explanation has appeared in canon so far.
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as ELG-3A blaster pistol)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle for Naboo) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 54 (Helmets: Naboo Royal Guard) (Picture only)
- Gadgets and Gear
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- The Star Wars Book
- "Blasters and Firearms" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Sith (Picture only)