ES-PSA, also known as Espasa, was a masculine RIC-920 rickshaw droid manufactured by Serv-O-Droid, Inc.. He operated as a rickshaw driver in the spaceport of Mos Espa on Tatooine, during the time of the Separatist Crisis and the Clone Wars.
ES-PSA was designed as a general purpose labor droid with rudimentary programming, allowing it to complete basic tasks. It ended up as one of several RIC droids employed as rickshaw drivers in Mos Espa. Propelled by a pair of disc-mounted treads, ES-PSA pulled an unlicensed rickshaw through the busy spaceport streets.
Behind the scenes
During script development for Attack of the Clones, George Lucas knew that Anakin and Padmé needed a form of transportation to travel across Mos Espa. Originally, Jay Shuster had envisioned an Otoga-222 maintenance droid as the rickshaw puller.
The RIC-920 design was finalized by Marc Gabbana. Though designed to pull the repulsorlift rickshaw, Gabbana envisioned the droid and the conveyance as two separate entities that were paired together by necessity rather than by design. In the finished film, RIC-920 was an entirely computer-generated creation.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (First identified as Espasa)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones unabridged audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones 3
- (as RIC-920)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- "The Droids of Episode II" – Star Wars Insider 60 (as RIC-920)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 66 (RIC1-4, RIC-920 Rickshaw Droid)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First identified as ES-PSA)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("RIC series droid") (as RIC-920)
- (as RIC-920)