The EasyRide passenger airspeeder, also known as the Coruscant taxi or Coruscant air taxi, was an airspeeder used to transport passengers on the most prominent worlds of the galaxy, most notably Coruscant and Malastare.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
An air taxi would employ a compact, focused, medium-grade repulsor to elevate it to the very highest skyscraper. A radial battery of low-powered antigravity devices gave it excellent navigational control in open air, allowing it to swoop with accuracy around the tall buildings of the cityworld, and dock skillfully at its destination.
The most common model was the Hyrotii Corporation EasyRide passenger airspeeder. It was eight meters long and was piloted by qualified air taxi pilots, including Republic Judicials such as Rayno Vaca. These pilots were required to pass difficult tests that proved their ability to navigate their craft through the cityscape with skill.
History[edit | edit source]
All important traffic on Coruscant was air traffic, since the original ground levels have been abandoned in the distant past, so the various air taxi-models fit the need for speedy transports that could bypass the skyways of the capital world. Anakin Skywalker and Jar Jar Binks entered one cab during the Naboo Crisis in 32 BBY.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 34 (TAX1-2, Coruscant Air Taxi)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 43 (TAX3-4, Coruscant Air Taxi)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles