- "It took 85 men less than an hour to bring so much chaos and disarray to Ebenmal that the defenders—over 3,000 Rebels—surrendered."
- ―Imperial Atrocities and Other Noble Pursuits, by Chen Ming-di
Ebenmal was a planetoid located in the Ebenmal system of the Mid Rim's Irnaj sector. It was on Ebenmal that a battle between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance was fought sometime between the years 2 and 1 BBY. The ancient citadel of Ebenmal, which was said to have never fallen to an invader for over ten thousand years, was attacked by eighty-five Imperial jumptroopers, who brought chaos and disarray. In one hour's time, 3,000 Rebels surrendered. The battle was later mentioned in Imperial Atrocities and Other Noble Pursuits, by historian Chen Ming-di.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ebenmal was mentioned in the "jump trooper" entry in the in-game databank of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the LucasArts video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, which was released in 2010. More information about the location of the planetoid was released in Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion, an appendix to be used to further expand the reference book The Essential Atlas.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ebenmal system — Based on corresponding data for
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3/Xbox 360 "Jumptrooper" databank entry)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comic shows that the Rebel Alliance was founded in 2 BBY. According to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II comic, the events of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II happened in 1 BBY. Thus, the battle happened between the two years.