- "Vape, cold one."
- ―Wedge Antilles
Ebla beer was an alcoholic beverage brewed on the planet Bonadan from Ebla grain. It was sometimes sold in a bottle with an "E" on the side. The Wookiee Chewbacca drank Ebla beer at Bonadan Spaceport Southeast II while he and Han Solo awaited the arrival of Zlarb around 2 BBY. New Republic Starfighter Command Brevet Captain Garik Loran had a mechanism installed in Vape, his R2-series astromech droid, during his time with Wraith Squadron. When a group of keywords was spoken—specifically "Vape: cold one"—the droid would discharge a chilled bottle of Ebla beer. Commander Wedge Antilles was also aware of the modification, and used it to dispense chilled beer for himself, much to Loran's confusion as it should not have worked for anyone but himself. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Solo and his longtime smuggler friend Roa drunk Ebla beer as a reminder of the old days.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Ebla Tablets are a set of Ancient Sumerian stone tablets, which (among other information) recorded a set of beers that were made at the time, including one named after the city, Ebla.
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 2
- (Appears in flashback(s)) (As "Elba beer")
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Empire 37: The Wrong Side of the War, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas