- "Shafu = intercepted message from Republic bureaucrat // Bureaucrat = human named Eckhorn // Eckhorn = member of House Baliss on Alderaan // Eckhorn = Imperial spy"
Eckhorn Baliss was an Alderaanian noble and member of House Baliss who served as a spy for the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War with the Galactic Republic. In his capacity as a Republic statesman, the Human male observed other members of the government and eventually compiled a list of Imperial sympathizers that the Empire could potentially turn into double agents, and he hid this list in his house's estate. However, one of these sympathizers—the husband of Senator Verre Sydia, who unbeknownst to Baliss was also an Imperial operative—hired the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar to kill Baliss.
As was her style, Sandafar killed Baliss by rigging his ship to explode in 3663 BBY above his homeworld Alderaan, a seemingly accidental event that was later investigated by the former slaver Shafu on behalf of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Shafu was killed by Sandafar as well, but his death and Baliss' were investigated by the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython and the astromech droid T7-O1.
Behind the scenesEdit
Eckhorn Baliss was first mentioned in the 2011 BioWare massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, where he is the subject of several conversations with the Jedi Knight companion character T7-O1.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Subtracting 20 years from 3,643 BBY results in a date of 3,663 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Shafu's Report"