- "Eckhorn = died 20 years ago // Ship = exploded above Alderaan // Explosion = ruled accidental"
During his time as a Galactic Republic statesman, the Alderaanian noble Eckhorn Baliss owned a personal ship that could carry at least one person. Baliss, who was actually a spy for the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War, put himself in danger when he added the husband of Senator Verre Sydia to a list of potential Imperial sympathizers.
Sydia's husband was an Imperial operative as well, though he and Baliss were not aware of each other, and fearing his cover had been blown, the Senator's husband used classified Senate accounts to hire the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar. In 3663 BBY, Sandafar placed explosives aboard Baliss' ship and detonated them when the noble was in orbit over his homeworld of Alderaan, killing Baliss instantly. The event was ruled an accident, but was later discovered to be Sandafar's work by the astromech droid T7-O1 and the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython.
Behind the scenes
Eckhorn Baliss and his ship are briefly mentioned in a series of conversations with the Jedi Knight companion character T7-O1 in BioWare's 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. Subtracting 20 years from 3,643 BBY results in a date of 3663 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"