- "Bombs charged!"
- ―Edon Kappehl reporting soon before his death
Edon Kappehl was a fair-skinned human male who served in the Resistance during their war against the First Order. During the evacuation of the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar in the year 34 ABY, he flew as the bombardier for Crimson Hailstorm, a MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 bomber serving in Crimson Squadron. He was killed above D'Qar along with the rest of the squadron during an attack run on the First Order's Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought Fulminatrix, when a burning enemy fighter crashed into the bomber he was on, starting a chain reaction and destroying the bomber.
Behind the scenes
Edon Kappehl first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. He was portrayed by actor Dan Euston. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections, a reference book written by Jason Fry and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Edon Kappehl)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Resistance Conversion Kit (Card: )
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, the events it depicts, including Kappehl's death, can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections