- "Gil and Eighty-One, take point"
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin
Eighty-One was a droid hunter who was hired by Wilhuff Tarkin to hunt Darth Vader, on Chandar's Folly. Eighty-One stole Vader's lightsaber after it proved to be deadly against Tarkin's team. However, when Vader later led the group into a cavern, he ambushed the hunters and pounced on Eighty-One from above, destroying the droid.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "My hunters are good at what they do. I hired well."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin
In 14 BBY, Eighty-One and eighteen other hunters were hired by Wilhuff Tarkin to assist him in his hunt for the Sith Lord Darth Vader on the planet Chandar's Folly. At least two days into the hunt, it became clear to Tarkin that they needed to take Vader's lightsaber, which was allowing the Dark Lord of the Sith to easily kill his hunters.
On the fourth day of the hunt, Tarkin led an operation to steal the lightsaber. The hunters tracked Vader near a cliff, where he attacked them. After the Sith Lord impaled a fellow hunter, Eighty-One used it's cable to snare Vader's lightsaber and pull it from his hand, shooting at the Sith Lord at the same time. Eighty-One and the other hunters then fired on Vader together, but the Sith used his Force powers to break the neck of one, forcing the rest to retreat. Vader was able to Force choke another before the rest escaped.
As Tarkin awaited the dawn of their ninth day of the hunt, Vader was spotted wearing the hide of a Valath. Tarkin told his hunters it was time to move, ordering Gil and Eighty-One to take point. The group went in search of Vader and entered a crystal ravine. Eventually the Chadra-Fan Hardhear could hear Vader's breathing. However, he could not tell where because the crystal walls made it echo. not track Vader with their hearing because of the echoing of his breathing. Tarkin ordered the hunters to run and Eighty-One watched the rear as they began moving. Vader then attacked, throwing Gil into the wall and Force-choking Hardhear. After, he jumped from the top of the ravine and into Eighty-One, destroying the droid immediately.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY. Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition places the events of Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 after Tarkin. The later issue Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19 features the Second Sister, who is killed in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Fallen Order is also set in 14 BBY. As Dark Lord of the Sith 18 is set between both Tarkin and Dark Lord of the Sith 19, the events of the former issue must take place in 14 BBY, as well.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18