Ejai was a fair-skinned Human male with brown hair who served the Galactic Empire as a lieutenant colonel in 19 BBY. With the Empire having formed that year, Ejai was one of the first Imperial officers. He served aboard one of the Venator-class Star Destroyers overseeing the construction of the Empire's DS-1 Orbital Battle Station.
In 19 BBY, Ejai was overseeing the Star Destroyer's bridge pit crews when Emperor Palpatine, Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader, and Governor Wilhuff Tarkin were aboard to oversee the DS-1 Orbital Battle Station's construction. Ejai had a disciplined expression commanding respect and wore the standard Imperial officer's uniform.
Behind the scenes
Portrayed by an uncredited Alex Lissine, Ejai was created for the prequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Prior to the film's May 19, 2005 release, Ejai was first pictured in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary, released April 2 the same year. He was first named by Trisha Biggar's reference book Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars, published on October 11 of that year. The scene Ejai appeared in was filmed September 17, 2003 at Fox Studios, Sydney.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary (First pictured)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars (First identified as Ejai)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 227 ("Ejai, Lieutenant Colonel")
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith