- "I'm hit!"
- ―Ekelarc Yong's last words
Following the destruction of a wingless Mon Calamari star cruiser by the second Death Star, Ekelarc joined the Millennium Falcon and a squad of starfighters, including an X-wing flown by Grizz Frix and his Y-wing, against the Imperial Fleet.
During the attack on the Star Destroyers, he was shot down by two TIE fighters. Losing control and spinning wildly, he made one last cry, "I'm hit!," before crashing into the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Chimaera.
Behind the scenes
Ekelarc Yong first appears as an unidentified character in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In the film, he was most likely portrayed by English actor Timothy Sinclair, who was listed as a Y-Wing pilot on a Production Callsheet, along with Eiji Kusuhara and Errol Shaker. Ekelarc Yong had no known canon name for years, though he had been mistakenly referred to by the fanon name "J'ef Hsu," and the call sign "Gray Four." His name and call sign were finally revealed in an action figure set from Hasbro.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Gray Squadron Y-wing Pilot) (backup link)
- (First identified as Ekelarc Yong)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes