- "You wanna buy some death sticks?"
"You don't want to sell me death sticks."
"I don't wanna sell you death sticks."
"You want to go home and rethink your life."
"I wanna go home and rethink my life."
- ―Elan Sel'Sabagno and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Elan Sel'Sabagno, also known as Elan Sleazebaggano, was a Balosar medical student on Coruscant who fell in with a bad crowd. He eventually became a slythmonger, and dealt death sticks in the Outlander Club in the Uscru Entertainment District.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Elan stole the University of Coruscant's medical supplies and sold them to the gangster Hat Lo. He became a slythmonger, and specialized in death sticks, selling to anyone who would buy. He eventually became addicted to his own product, although his Balosar physiology protected him from the drug's harsher side effects.
In 22 BBY, he offered to sell Rancor nail blades to Jango Fett, and attempted to sell death sticks to Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi two nights later. After being mind tricked by Kenobi in the Outlander Club, he went home and completely rethought his life. He managed to break his death stick addiction and swore off the slythmonger business, but soon enough slipped back into his old criminal ways, becoming involved in the trade of other, non-chemical illegalities, such as weapons and stolen goods. However, he still sold "the finest deathsticks in the galaxy, one hundred percent pure". Nearly three years after his encounter with Kenobi, Elan helped Boba Fett during an adventure on Coruscant, in which he ferried Boba around the city (all the while trying to sell Boba various illegal wares) and provided him with a saberdart, which Boba Fett used in his failed assassination attempt against Mace Windu.
After the end of the Clone Wars, Sel'Sabagno had once more changed his ways, and was seeking to turn others from the path of illicit drug use. While handing out pamphlets in the lower levels, he bumped into fugitive Jedi Drake Lo'gaan and Zonder, and was knocked aside by a clone trooper who was pursuing the pair. After this encounter, he once more reflected that he needed to rethink his life.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Elan Sleazebaggano was altered in postproduction, too late for toys in the works to change. The proper Elan has no ears. Reference photography didn't have this digital alteration. Toys had a running change to remove his ears."
- ―Pablo Hidalgo
Elan Sel'sabagno was portrayed by Matt Doran. The character was named by Star Wars creator George Lucas. Although Sel'sabagno has ears in production photos as in the reference image of this articles, ILM ultimately removed them and replaced them with antennapalps for the film because they considered it redundant for a character to have both antennae and ears, causing early Sleazebaggano toys to have ears instead of antennapalps as they were already designed before the change was made. However, these ears were retconned back into canon in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones 1 comic
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Boba Fett: Pursuit
- Evasive Action: Recruitment
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - Attack of the Clones (TCG) (Card: )
- Galactic Power Brokers"—Star Wars Gamer 10 (First identified as Elan Sel'Sabagno) "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 66 (SLE1-2, Elan Sleazebaggano)
- "Who's Who in the Outlander Club: It's Ladies' Night"—Star Wars Insider 75
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams