The Elders were a reptilian humanoid species that inhabited ancient Naboo. Little was known about them other than their history of conflict with the Gungans and the monuments they left behind. Archaeologists were unsure whether the Elders' giant statues were representations of themselves or massive icons devoted to their deities. By the time of the Invasion of Naboo, the Elders were long gone. Several Gungan and Naboo chroniclers surmised that the Elders failed to live in harmony with the planet's delicate balance and were consumed by their own greed. One of their monuments, located north of Lianorm Swamp, became a sacred gathering place for the Gungans.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance) (Statues only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (Statues only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior" (Statues only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition