The electro-bisento was a shaft with a blade placed on the top. It was wielded by the First Guard, one of eight Elite Praetorian Guards who served as the protectors of Supreme Leader Snoke of the First Order.
Like all the other high-tech weapons used by the Elite Praetorian Guard to defend Supreme Leader Snoke from any threat, the tempered metal blade of the electro-bisento was connected to a compact ultrasonic generator that created a high-frequency vibration across the cutting edge, which increased its lethality in the process. Parallel to this, there was an plasma filament that created a highly energized blade capable of parrying a lightsaber.
In 34 ABY the First Guard and another member of the Elite Praetorian Guard carried their electro-bisentos aboard Supreme Leader Snoke's flagship, the Supremacy, during the war between the First Order and the Resistance. After Snoke was assassinated by his dark apprentice, Kylo Ren, the guards utilized their electro-bisentos along with other weapons against Ren and the Jedi learner Rey, both of whom wielded lightsabers. Despite their efforts to avenge Snoke, all eight Praetorian Guards were killed by the Force-sensitive pair.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as electro-bisento)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi