- "No sign of him with these electrobinoculars!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
Electrobinoculars were hand-held viewing devices that allowed users to observe distant objects in most lighting conditions.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The device's internal display provided the user with information about the object's range, relative and true azimuths, and elevation.
With the built-in zoom capability, objects could be made to appear closer for detailed inspection, or the depth of a field could be widened for examination of the surrounding area. Additionally, radiation sensors and a night-vision mode extended the usefulness of this piece of equipment. A typical pair of electrobinoculars weighed roughly 1 kilogram and cost 1,000 credits.
Electrobinoculars were sometimes confused with macrobinoculars. However, electrobinoculars enhanced images through the use of sophisticated built-in computers, while macrobinoculars did not offer this feature.
Notable models[edit | edit source]
- Neuro-Saav TD1.4 electrobinoculars
- Neuro-Saav Model TD2.3 electrobinoculars
- Neuro-Saav Model TD4.2 electrobinoculars
- Model TT4 Holorecording Macrobinoculars
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi