An electroblade training sword, sometimes referred to as a practice saber, was a melee training weapon used by the Jedi Order and the Sith Order during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Similar to vibroswords, electroblade swords were melee weapons with cylindrical blades that delivered painful shocks on contact instead of cutting or cauterizing like a normal sword or lightsabers.
Jedi Padawans would use electroblade training swords until they were deemed worthy of journeying to the Tython Forge and creating their own lightsaber. Similarly, Sith Acolytes were required to wield these in order to earn the right to use Sith warblades, which in turn would earn them the right to wield a lightsaber.
Behind the scenesEdit
Electroblade training swords first appeared in The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith, a comic book published by Dark Horse Comics in 2010 which served as a prequel to Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011 where they were first identified and featured prominently. In game, they are used by Sith and Jedi classes on their starting planets until they obtain better equipment; they were first named in the Codex entries for "Jedi Weapons" and "Sith Weapons."
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Red Harvest
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First identified as electroblade training sword)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Jedi Weapons"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Tython
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Korriban
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Sith Weapons"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython