Electrocrops were a type of two-pronged riding crop that emitted an electrical shock when used. The jockey Arca Yroca used a red electrocrop while riding on the fathier Hoth Stuff on the Canto Bight racetrack on the planet Cantonica in around 34 ABY. He applied the shock to the fathier's flank, causing the creature to speed up while letting out a cry of pain. This act of cruelty was witnessed by Resistance agents Rose Tico and Finn.
Behind the scenesEdit
An electrocrop first appeared in the 2017 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. The novelization of the film written by Jason Fry and the junior novel written by Michael Kogge both incorrectly described Yroca as using an electro-whip to strike his fathier rather than an electrocrop.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Electrocrop)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens to 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the events of The Force Awakens, it must also take place in approximately 34 ABY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel