The electropole was similar to the Force pike and the static pikes used by picadors on Geonosis. It could be used by either striking the enemy at close range, or by throwing it like a javelin. Some EV-series supervisor droids experienced hard wiring failure and beat Human workers with an electropole on Kadril.
Originating as a herding tool, electropoles were used by Gungan herders to lead their Shaaks and guard them, and by Swokes Swokes to help domesticate the schinga shikou. Because of Gungan's familiarity with the tool, the mounted kaadu riders of the Gungan militia used the weapon in battle, such as during the Battle of Naboo against the Droid Army of the Trade Federation. Its light weight allowed for it to be thrown, and because the electronic components were watertight, they could be used underwater as well as on the land.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- Episode I Adventures 12: The Bongo Rally
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- "End Game"
- Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Captain Tarpals's Electropole)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Electropole)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Nexus of Power