- "This is an electrostaff, Nobody's Padawan. A useful tool—and one designed to kill Jedi."
- ―Sarco Plank, to Luke Skywalker
An electrostaff was a staff-like melee weapon manufactured by Baktoid Armor Workshop and Holowan Mechanicals. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems' IG-100 MagnaGuard and by the Galactic Republic clone shock troopers during the Clone Wars, and by Imperial Purge, riot, and Heavy Troopers leading up to and during the Galactic Civil War.
- "Do you know how to use this?"
- ―Han Solo to Chewbacca, on a Pyke Sentinel electrostaff
Electrostaffs were designed for single combat against lightsaber-wielders such as Jedi, and had the ability to block lightsaber strikes. Each end of the staff was tipped with purple or yellow electricity, and was powerful enough to stop a being's heart after five seconds' contact.
The electrostaff possessed a long, metallic hilt and transparent 'ends', while the modified version had a longer, black hilt and metallic ends.
During the Clone Wars, Separatist General Grievous's bodyguards, the IG-100 MagnaGuards, used electrostaffs when they fought against the Jedi. The MagnaGuards were able to use them with deadly effects such as when they captured Jedi Council member Eeth Koth and tortured him.
Grievous used one whilst fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on his TSMEU-6 personal wheel bike on Utapau during the late stages of the war. He later attempted to kill Kenobi with it, whilst he was hanging on a platform over a Pau Sinkhole, but failed as Kenobi shot him in the torso, instantly killing the Kaleesh Cyborg.
The scavenger Sarco Plank wielded an electrostaff during the Galactic Civil War, and fought Luke Skywalker with it on Devaron while the young Jedi was exploring the Temple of Eedit. Plank proved almost a match for the Jedi-in-training, coming close to killing Skywalker several times. Skywalker destroyed Plank's control box, however, and sent him and his electrostaff hurtling into a pit leading to the temple's underlevels.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ electrostaff. Star Wars Rebels (October 23, 2015). Retrieved on May 2, 2017, 8:46 am. "Whether used as a weapon or a fishing pole, an electrostaff is a good tool to have around."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"