The hilt of Mace Windu's lightsaber possessed a rare electrum finish, as did the lightsabers of Darth Sidious. The armor and personal F-11D blaster rifle of First Order Commander Pyre also had an electrum finishing, giving them a reflective gold sheen.
Behind the scenes
Electrum was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars. It first appeared in the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising, where it can be won from in-game events and is used to upgrade powerful gear and Crew Members. It was originally introduced the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 1996 West End Games roleplaying guide Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook by Peter M. Schweighofer.
In the real world, electrum is a naturally occurring alloy of gold and silver, with trace amounts of copper and other metals.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars: Uprising (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection