The Elegos A'Kla was an Imperial-class Star Destroyer of the New Republic Defense Fleet and later the Galactic Alliance Navy; the vessel was named for Caamasi Senator and martyr Elegos A'Kla. The ship played a major role in a number of conflicts during the later stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War. The ship served as the flagship of General Garm Bel Iblis during most of its service in the war.
Completed at Coruscant in 27 ABY, the Elegos A'Kla was one of a group of Star Destroyers named after important New Republic leaders. It was also, along with its sister ship Mon Mothma, one of the first Imperial-class Star Destroyers to include gravity well projectors. These new projectors required less power and had a streamlined form, removing the characteristic globes of the Interdictor cruiser.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 229 ("Elegos A'Kla")