- "I therefore requested that you be removed from consideration for Task Force 231 and instead be considered to command the Eleventh Fleet."
"The Eleventh Fleet? Admiral, I'm just a commodore."
"Perhaps that will change."
- ―Grand Admiral Thrawn and Commodore Faro
The Eleventh Fleet was a fleet in the Imperial Navy which was active at the time of the Lothal campaign. Around 0 BBY, Imperial Commodore Karyn Faro was approved to command the fleet by Imperial High Command, after being recommended for the role by her superior, Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- "Your reassignment was approved earlier this morning. You'll be leaving the Chimaera at Lothal for Coruscant and orientation on your new command."
- ―Grand Admiral Thrawn, to Commodore Faro
The Eleventh Fleet was active at the time of the Lothal campaign. Commodore Karyn Faro, captain of the ISD Chimaera, was originally set to command Task Force 231, although Imperial High Command failed to meet their deadlines for her pre-command orientation. A few weeks later, shortly before the Liberation of Lothal in 0 BBY, Faro's commander, Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Seventh Fleet, told her he had been holding back her move to the 231st.
Thrawn, who had taken Faro as his protégé, believed she was better than the leader of a task force, and so revealed he had requested Faro be considered for command of the Eleventh Fleet, which he believed could come with a promotion. Earlier the morning Thrawn revealed this to her, Imperial High Command had approved his request, with Faro due to leave the Chimaera upon its return to the planet Lothal, heading to the planet Coruscant for orientation on her new command.
Commanders and crew[edit | edit source]
- "Congratulations, Commodore Faro. May you serve the Eleventh Fleet as well as you've served the Seventh."
- ―Grand Admiral Thrawn
The Eleventh Fleet was commanded by Karyn Faro, who was cited by her superior, Grand Admiral Thrawn, as having superior skills as an administrator, tactician, officer, commander, and political agent.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Treason (First mentioned, simultaneous with Thrawn: Treason audiobook)
- Thrawn: Treason audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Treason
- The epilogue of "Family Reunion – and Farewell" occurs after the end of the Galactic Civil War, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 5 ABY, so the epilogue must take place during or after that year. The Liberation of Lothal occurs prior to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY, so the liberation must take place by that year. The liberation takes place between "Wolves and a Door" and the epilogue of "Family Reunion – and Farewell", which Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy establishes there is a five year gap between. Therefore, the liberation must take place in 0 BBY.