- "Magnificently done! Reports are already coming in that say the Chirq Council is splintering. Without the discipline and motivation provided by the Elite Council, they are turning on one another and falling to pieces."
- ―Captain Baize, to a spacer
After the Battle of Yavin, the Elite Council was made of nine members, namely Markus Gilder, Zuld Mar-Shayal, Braganti Hooge, Koran Lassk, Janos Zarbo, Mathazar Zayet, Rallyn Secura, Crale Forte and Atlan Dubreas. They were based in two bunkers, the First and the Second Elite Council Bunkers, located near the city of Doaba Guerfel.
Circa 1 ABY, the Corellian Security Force started an investigation against the Chirq Council following the increase of ryll traffic on Corellia. Captain Vitala Baize successfully infiltrated a CorSec agent within the organization. Assuming the identity of the Chirq Council member Trins Evnar, the CorSec agent managed to infiltrate Jzoro Quanera's Chirq Council chapter in Doaba Guerfel. From Jzoro Quanera's database, the CorSec obtained the identity of the nine elite councilors and the locations of their secret headquarters. The Corsec finally assaulted the First and Second Elite Council Bunkers and eliminated all the nine elite councilors. After the death of the elite councilors, the Chirq Council splintered.
Behind the scenes
The Elite Council of the Chirq Council appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. The Elite Council was added to the game with the update named "Chapter 1: The Corellian Captives", published on June 8, 2006.
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: The Elite Council" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: Seek Council" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: Moving Up" on Corellia