- "…So unless you have another idea, we just have to trust our new friend…"
"…to fetch what we need."
- ―Han Solo and Em-Five, to Chewbacca
Em-Five was a droid that operated during the Imperial Era. When the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca required a part for their freighter, the Millennium Falcon, they tasked Em-Five with retrieving it on the planet Corellia. Shortly after arriving, they were confronted by Moloch of the White Worms criminal gang, who took Solo and Chewbacca to meet the crime boss Lady Proxima. While the smugglers escaped the Den of the White Worms, Em-Five acquired the part to repair the Falcon, informing Solo and Chewbacca that their starship could fly upon their return.
- "Do you know people are shooting at you?"
"What else is new?!"
"I see. Well, your part is secure, and you can fly."
- ―Em-Five and Han Solo
At some point after 10 BBY, during the Imperial Era, the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca, in need of a starship part for their freighter Millennium Falcon, sought help from Em-Five. The Falcon landed on the planet Corellia, and Em-Five and the smugglers disembarked in Coronet City. Solo handed Em-Five a datapad containing information on what was required, asking that the droid collect the parts while he and Chewbacca lie low and avoid being noticed.
However, while Em-Five departed to fetch the part, the smugglers were caught by Moloch, a servant of the crime boss Lady Proxima, the leader of the White Worms criminal gang, to whom Solo once belonged. Solo and Chewbacca were taken to see Lady Proxima, but managed to escape from the den of the White Worms, and were chased by Moloch and a number of White Worms scrumrats to the Falcon. By the time that the smugglers returned, Em-Five had collected the required part and repaired the Falcon, allowing the ship to fly once again. Solo and Chewbacca boarded the Falcon and left Corellia, escaping the White Worms.
Behind the scenesEdit
Em-Five appeared in "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp," a comic story written by Michael Moreci, illustrated by Arianna Florean, and published in Star Wars Adventures 17 by IDW Publishing on January 30, 2019.
- "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp"—Star Wars Adventures 17 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp"—Star Wars Adventures 17
- ↑ "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp" takes place after Han Solo and Chewbacca acquire the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian, as seen in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events of the film to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of Solo are set in 10 BBY, and "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp" must take place some time after that year.
- ↑ Star Wars Adventures #17. Comixology. Archived from the original on January 10, 2019. Retrieved on November 15, 2018.