- "…This meeting is to decide the fate of the Empire with the input of several advisers, not just one. If I wanted to take the Ravager and seize control, I could make that attempt and I might even manage it. But'I'd rather not make the same mistakes as in the past."
- ―Rae Sloane reasserting her authority over Grand Moff Pandion
An emergency summit was held on the Outer Rim world of Akiva between some of the most powerful figures remaining in the Galactic Empire a few months after the Battle of Endor. The meeting was ostensibly arranged by Admiral Rae Sloane and attended by self-proclaimed Grand Moff Valco Pandion, General Jylia Shale, Imperial advisor and Dark Side adherent Yupe Tashu, and Imperial financier Arsin Crassus, and it operated under the temporary title of the Imperial Future Council. The purpose of the gathering was to collectively determine a path of action for restoring the crumbling Galactic Empire.
The summit was bogged down by infighting between the delegates, particularly the rivalry between Admiral Sloane and Grand Moff Pandion. A group of insurgents under the New Republic starfighter pilot Norra Wexley learned about the conference and inspired an uprising in Myrra. New Republic Navy forces under Admiral Ackbar then intervened on Akiva, bringing the emergency summit to a close. Sloane managed to escape but Pandion and Crassus were killed during the escape attempt. General Shale and advisor Tashu were captured by New Republic forces. In truth, the summit had been staged by Fleet Admiral Gallius Rax with the objective of eliminating rivals to his succession over the Empire.
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Mentioned only)