Emperor's Eyes was a painting available in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War, sometime after the Battle of Yavin. The painting depicted an artist's sketch of a TIE Series starfighter variant called the TIE Sentinel. The Sentinel shared features of the TIE Advanced x1 and the TIE Aggressor, with sensor modules protruding from the ship's chassis.
Behind the scenes
Emperor's Eyes appeared in the 2003 massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars Galaxies developed by Sony Online Entertainment. The image originated from the art book that accompanied the game's collector's edition, From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies. The painting could be used in a player's house as a decoration.
Emperor's Eyes was one of nine paintings given out randomly to players of the game for its first anniversary of release in the United States and Europe, and was later added to the "Rare Loot System" in Hotfix 17.10 on October 7, 2010. This allowed all players to loot rare items, including Emperor's Eyes, from any enemy in the game prior to its shutdown in 2011.
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Item: "Emperor's Eyes"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Opening Crawl places the events of the game after the destruction of the Death Star, which occurred during the Galactic Civil War's Battle of Yavin according to The New Essential Chronology.
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed—Item: "TIE Advanced"
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed—Item: "TIE Aggressor"
- From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies