Empire could refer to the following items:
Empires[edit | edit source]
Alongside the various Sith Empires, there have been numerous other empires:
Canon[edit | edit source]
- The Ubdurian empire.
- The Chiss Ascendancy, a libertarian empire in the Unknown Regions
- The Zygerrian Slave Empire was a slave empire that was set up over a thousand years before the Clone Wars.
- Jabba Desilijic Tiure's criminal empire was the crime syndicate of Jabba the Hutt, who based himself in his palace on Tatooine.
- The Galactic Empire (later known as the Old Empire) that was reorganized from the Galactic Republic at the end of the Clone Wars.
- The Infinite Empire, created by the Rakata sometime before 30,000 BBY; ended in 25,200 BBY.
- The Hutt Empire, from c. 25,200 BBY-25,000 BBY.
- Xim's empire, which lasted from 25,130 BBY to 25,100 BBY.
- The Azure Imperium, a pre-Republic empire centered on Axum.
- The Tapani Empire, extending from 7,328 BBY to 1,582 BBY.
- The Eternal Empire, led by Vitiate after he became disillusioned with his Sith Empire; was later reorganized in 3630 BBY into the Eternal Alliance.
- Paecian Empire, existing up to 2992 BBY when it collapsed.
- Jabba Desilijic Tiure's criminal empire
- Gardulla the Elder's criminal empire
- The Galactic Empire, led by Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader as the replacement for the Galactic Republic 19 BBY-11 ABY, spawning many remnants and successors following the Emperor's first death:
- Empire Reborn, between 4 ABY and 14 ABY.
- X1's faction, a group formed in 4 ABY and dissolved sometime later.
- Eriadu Authority, a splinter faction of the Galactic Empire formed in 4 ABY and dissolved in 12 ABY.
- Imperial Core, a splinter faction formed in 4 ABY.
- Zsinj's Empire formed in 4 ABY and fell in 8 ABY.
- Trioculus' Empire, within 5 ABY.
- Thrawn's confederation, also known as the Thrawn Empire, formed in 8 ABY and fell in 9 ABY.
- Dark Empire, an Imperial faction that was a much more apparent Sith Empire under Palpatine; (10 ABY—11 ABY)
- Crimson Empire, within 11 ABY.
- Pentastar Alignment, a splinter faction formed in 4 ABY and dissolved in 12 ABY.
- The Empire of the Hand, established in the Unknown Regions by Grand Admiral Thrawn in 9 ABY, which fell between 25 ABY and 30 ABY.
- The Imperial Remnant formed in 12 ABY and reorganized into the Fel Empire some time after 44 ABY.
- The Restored Empire, a renegade faction of the Imperial Remnant aiming for full reestablishment of the first Galactic Empire, formed in 12 ABY and dissolved in 13 ABY.
- The Second Imperium, formed in 19 ABY and run by an ersatz Palpatine, Brakiss, and four Royal Guards. It was ultimately destroyed by the New Republic in 23 ABY.
- The Yuuzhan Vong empire, the government of the Yuuzhan Vong that was run by the Supreme Overlord and the Intendant caste 27 ABY–29 ABY.
- The Fel Empire, destroyed in 130 ABY, restored in 138 ABY.
- The Empire-in-exile, a remnant of the Fel Empire from 130 ABY to 138 ABY.
- Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire, following a coup d'état in the Fel Empire in 130 ABY, ended in 138 ABY.
- The Ssi-ruuvi Imperium, the empire of the Ssi-ruuk, until 28 ABY.
- The Esselian Empire of the Darpa sector.
- The Hiromi Empire.
- The Vagaari Empire.
- The Corellian Empire
- The Atrisian Empire.
- The Proliferan Empire
- The Zygerrian Slave Empire
Prior to the formation of the Galactic Republic, several star systems/star sectors had been empires, also known as moffs, with the political title of Moff (and to an extent, Grand Moff) originating from the warlords who ran these empires peaceably joining the Galactic Republic.
Other[edit | edit source]
Out-of-universe[edit | edit source]
Several Star Wars publications may also be referred to as Empire:
- Star Wars: Empire, a series of comics about the Galactic Empire
- Galactic Empire (The Star Wars), the version of the Galactic Empire in the comic serial The Star Wars
- Empire, a shortened name for The Empire Strikes Back
This is a disambiguation page—a navigational aid that lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.