The Encyclopedia was, from September 13, 2011 to July 1, 2014, the Databank's successor as the only official Star Wars information database made available to the public. It was replaced by another online encyclopedia called the Databank. It was available on StarWars.com. All entries featured a link to Wookieepedia. The Encyclopedia entries only contained information pertaining to the six Star Wars films and The Clone Wars series, and did not incorporate any Expanded Universe material, although they did include some extra background information not shown in the films or The Clone Wars themselves.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Canon organizations and titles
Legends organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars Characters in the Encyclopedia (archived)
- Star Wars Locations in the Encyclopedia (archived)
- Star Wars Technology in the Encyclopedia (archived)
- Star Wars Groups in the Encyclopedia (archived)
Notes on the above links:
- If clicking on an entry in the links above does not load the page, you must load the page from archive.org. To do this, copy the link address starting at "www.starwars.com" to the end of the address. Then go to http://archive.org/web/ and paste the address in the "Browse History" box. Pressing Enter will bring you to a list of archived pages saved between certain dates. Clicking on the earliest date generally works.
- Many of the entries contain a section called "Relationships" that contains additional details. Clicking on an image in that section used to bring up the detail. This does not work in the archived version of the page. However, the information is still in the source code and can be accessed by searching that. You can view the source code using your web browser. In Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, press Ctrl-U to view the source code.