- "Not much to it. Barely populated, some old ruins scattered around, the usual grumpy wildlife you'd expect. People call it the Endless Swamp."
- ―Koth Vortena
The Endless Swamp was located on the Wild Space planet of Zakuul, named by the natives for its sheer size, it was scarcely populated and devoid of any technology. It was home to many immigrated variants of some creatures, including the Mawvorr from Voss, the Wingmaw from Balmorra, the Lurkers, who were believed to have originally come from an unnamed planet near the Torch Nebula, and the rancors from Dathomir. The only known native species was the arachnid Iknayid.
- "You thought you could hide in the swamps? Pathetic!"
- ―Captain Draynon Artus
Over a thousand years before the Galactic War, the Gravestone, said to have been the only ship to have ever gone up against the Eternal Fleet and achieved victory, was scuttled by it's owners in the eastern Endless Swamp. It would remain there for the next few centuries.
In 3632 BBY, The Outlander, convicted of the assassination of Emperor Valkorion was rescued from Emperor Arcann's storehouse by Lana Beniko, Koth Vortena, HK-55 and T7-O1. However, their transport was shot down in the Endless Swamp. HK-55 detected a 'large metallic object', and the group, minus T7, who were in dire need of transport off Zakuul, decided to investigate. Discovering the Gravestone, which was in a surprisingly good condition, The Outlander helped Vortena scavenge starship parts and a fuel cell, and assisted Lana in finding a functioning water filter. Not finding any functioning filters, they instead discovered a fresh water spring. HK-55 located a camp of exiles, who had protested Arcann's rule, and were on the run from the Eternal Empire. The Outlander faced the dilemma of assisting them and allowing them onto their ship or not offering any aid. Vortena then started work on the Gravestone, and, after some hassle, got it operational.
Just as they were about to leave the planet, they came under attack from the Eternal Empire's Skytroopers and the Knights of Zakuul. Aided by Senya Tirall, who arrived by speeder bike, the group defeated the opposition. The Force-sensitives, Lana and Senya, used the Force to lift the Gravestone out of the muck, and they proceeded to leave the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter IV: The Gravestone
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Mawvorr"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Wingmaw"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Lurker"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Rancor"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, in chapter 4 the player character places an estimate of one thousand years and over that the Gravestone has been in the Endless Swamp, and Koth Vertona confirms this
- ↑ According to the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation, the Treaty of Coruscant collapsed in 3642 BBY, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire states that Choza Raabat disappeared two years before that, or 3644 BBY. The game also establishes that Raabat's disappearance occurred twelve years before the events of Fallen Empire, so Chapters II-VII of Fallen Empire must take place in 3632 BBY, and Chapter I—which takes place five years prior to the rest of the expansion—in 3637 BBY. Chapter IX and the post-chapter content span a number of months, between the years 3632 and 3631 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter III: Outlander
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter V: From the Grave
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire The Outlander may or may not be a force-sensitive, depending on the player's choices. This article assumes that only Lana and Senya lifted the Gravestone, as shown from a non-Force sensitive player's perspective, lest The Outlander be any of the four player classes without the force.