- "The same thing my mother would have if she had survived and still wore the mask. To fight back."
- ―Enfys Nest
This female individual was the mother of Enfys Nest and belonged to a long line of women who fought to protect the galaxy. She was leader of the pirate gang known as the Cloud-Riders and wore a distinctive set of armor and a mask that she later passed down to her daughter. At some point, she told Nest about a band of mercenaries who went to a peaceful planet for a resource they coveted, they kept coming back until one time, the people resisted and in retaliation the mercenaries cut off the tongue of every man, woman and child. Eventually the mercenaries became Crimson Dawn, one of many criminal syndicates who committed unspeakable crimes across the galaxy.
After revealing herself to Han Solo, Tobias Beckett, Chewbacca, and Qi'ra, Nest told the group the tale her mother had told her. After being questioned by Beckett about what she would use stolen coaxium from Kessel for, Nest said she would use it for what her mother would have used it for if she had survived, to fight back.
Behind the scenesEdit
Enfys Nest's mother was first mentioned in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. Information regarding Enfys' mother was told by the film's directors to Enfys Nest actress Erin Kellyman on her approach to her character along other facts of her character's past so she could understand why Nest became the person she was in Solo.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD (Indirect mention only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 6 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Enfys Nest's mother died after her daughter turned sixteen in 11 BBY but before the raid on Gargon, which Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious dates to 7966 C.R.C., the equivalent of galactic calendar's 11 BBY. This means her death also took place in 11 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD