- "The Emperor himself chose the banner of Lord Nankrang. He foresaw Nankrang's triumph over the Jedi in the Mid Rim. It's why we honor him tonight."
- ―Teneb Kel
In 3678 BBY, during the Great Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, an engagement occurred in the Mid Rim of the galaxy. The conflict was fought between the forces of the Sith Lord Nankrang and those of the Republic's allies in the Jedi Order. Nankrang was chosen to lead the operation by the Sith Emperor himself after the Dark Lord received a Force vision that depicted Nankrang's victory. That vision came to fruition in the Mid Rim, and Nankrang overcame the Jedi who opposed him and claimed victory for the Empire. The achievement was celebrated on the Imperial capital world of Dromund Kaas, along with those of Darth Ekkage and Lord Malichose.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The engagement in the Mid Rim was first mentioned in Shades of the Sith, the first act in the three-part comic book story arc, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire. Shades of the Sith, released in 2010, mentioned the conflict in the Mid Rim but gave no context outside of the Emperor's vision and Lord Nankrang's involvement.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 2: The Broken World
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural indicates that the Invasion of the Minos Cluster lasted for the entirety of the twenty-eight year Great Galactic War, meaning that the invasion occurred in concurrence with the engagement in the Mid Rim.
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith
- According to The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith, the stories within the Blood of the Empire series occur twenty-five years before the Treaty of Coruscant. According to The Essential Atlas, the Treaty is ratified in 3653 BBY, placing Blood of the Empire and the events within—including the Engagement in the Mid Rim—in 3678 BBY