Engi Golba was a Didynon male from the world Didyma V. He originally worked as a miner, setting explosives in the lommite mines, but escaped his home when it was annexed by the First Order. Golba joined the Resistance, utilizing his talents with explosives. In 35 ABY, he was part of the Resistance's landing team who fought Sith Eternal forces on the surface of the Steadfast command ship during the Battle of Exegol.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Engi Golba hailed from the terrestrial world of Didyma V. He worked as a miner there, planting explosives in lommite mines in order to open new tunnels. When the First Order arrived and took over production when they annexed the world, he fled the mines and eventually joined the Resistance, bringing his skills in using explosives with him.
In 35 ABY, he was stationed at the Resistance's base on the jungle moon Ajan Kloss when Generals Poe Dameron and Finn briefed the Resistance on their mission to the planet Exegol, aiming to eliminate the fleet of the Sith Eternal and First Order. Golba was a member of the Resistance's landing team, whose main objective was to sabotage a navigation tower which would allow the fleet to depart the planet.
The team traveled to Exegol in a YC-123B transport hauler, the Fortitude. Upon arriving however, the Sith fleet switched the navigation signal to the Steadfast command ship. General Finn then ordered the transport to land on the Steadfast instead. The landing team was then deployed on the starship and they began advancing towards the tower. Sprinting behind a Talpiddian, Golba assisted in engaging the Sith troopers and jet troopers that had arrived to defend the tower. Eventually, Finn and former stormtrooper Jannah disabled the signal, and Golba and the landing team retreated to the Fortitude. Ultimately, the Resistance won the battle and returned to Ajan Kloss for celebrations.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Skills and abilities[edit | edit source]
Golba was talented with explosives, using them in lommite mines and later in the destruction of First Order equipment.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Engi Golba appeared in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, and was identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, written by Pablo Hidalgo. The character was played by singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, who also played a First Order stormtrooper in the film. Concept art of the Didynon species, titled "Two Alien Wizards 80," was drawn by Martin Rezard.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Screen Comix
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Engi Golba)
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes Golba's appearance, must occur in 35 ABY.
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker