- "Went well, your talk with the Er'stacians?"
"As well as could be expected."
"Still they quarrel over the megalith?"
"Not now. Not for a while at least."
"Solve their conundrum did you?"
"No, my friend. I left them to assemble their own solution."
- ―Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu
This clan war took place sometime between 22 and 19 BBY on the planet Er'stacia. As they had for centuries, rival clans of the Er'stacian species were battling over possession of the Venerable One, or Megalith—a giant, stone statue representing the mythical forebear of the species. The two clans wore armor signifying their allegiance: red for one side, and green for the other.
The war reached such pitched status that the Jedi Council feared the participants might commit genocide against their rivals. They therefore dispatched Jedi Master Mace Windu to the world to stop the hostilities. On the world, Windu finally negotiated an uneasy peace by dicing the Venerable One statue into pieces using his lightsaber, and thus forcing the enemy sides to work together to either divvy up the pieces or reconstruct the monument.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Under "Megalith")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The events of "Puzzle Peace" must take place between 22 BBY—the year the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor was introduced according to —and 19 BBY—the year Mace Windu died according to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Puzzle Peace"—Star Wars Tales 13.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 303.