- "Lieutenant! Get back to your station!"
"Just look! We won't survive. Even Hux is gone."
- ―Colonel Erich S. Datoo and Lieutenant Rodinon
Erich S. Datoo was a human male military officer who held the rank of colonel in the First Order. In 34 ABY, Datoo was in charge of the primary fire control room on the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. Under orders from Supreme Leader Snoke, he oversaw the weapon as it destroyed the Hosnian system, the location of the New Republic Galactic Senate. The weapon then began preparing to fire on the Ileenium system, where the Resistance headquarters was located; however, Resistance forces then attacked the superweapon. As it became clear the base was going to be destroyed, Datoo was shocked to see Lieutenant Rodinon trying to leave the control room, and questioned where he was going, although the latter talked back and bluntly pointed out that they needed to evacuate or else they won't survive, citing that even the base's commander, Hux, had already evacuated. Starkiller Base then exploded.
Personality and traitsEdit
Datoo was a methodical officer who believed that the destructive power of Starkiller Base should command respect from all members of the First Order. He wore a teal First Order army uniform with a crested command cap and a band on the left arm written in Aurebesh that commemorated the Imperial Warlord Kaplan.
Behind the scenesEdit
Erich S. Datoo was portrayed by Rocky Marshall in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. The character was not identified in the film, but was named in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film. The character is also identified by name in the subtitles on the film's home video release.[source?]
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Datoo)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Colonel Datoo)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 44 (Weapons & Uniforms: Starkiller Base Personnel)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First identified as Erich S.)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 44 (Weapons & Uniforms: Starkiller Base Personnel)
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which includes the appearance of Erich S. Datoo, to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens