The Erso family was a family of humans active from before the Clone Wars and the Battle of Scarif who lived on planets such as Grange, Coruscant and Lah'mu. The earliest members of the family were a human man and a woman who had one son: Galen Walton Erso. With his wife Lyra, Galen had a daughter named Jyn.
When Galen was taken by the Galactic Empire to work on the Death Star project by the Imperial Military Department of Advanced Weapons Research Director Orson Callan Krennic, Lyra was killed and Jyn went into hiding with the Partisans' leader Saw Gerrera. Ultimately, Jyn sacrificed her life at Scarif when she stole the Death Star plans to give them to the Alliance to Restore the Republic before being killed by the Death Star's superweapon. As Jyn never had descendants, the family line ended with her.
Behind the scenesEdit
In early versions of the Rogue One story, the matriarch of the family was a surviving Jedi, and there was additionally a younger brother for Jyn to look after.
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75119 Sergeant Jyn Erso)
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75155 Rebel U-Wing Fighter)
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75171 Battle on Scarif)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- "The False Economies of Scale"—Star Wars Insider 192
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story