Ertegas was an agriworld located in the Anoat sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. It had at least one moon, where the Galactic Empire exploited a crystal mine. Ertegas never held any interest to the Trade Spine League until the Iron Blockade, which was established by the Empire in an attempt to prevent news of their crushing defeat by the Alliance to Restore the Republic at the Battle of Endor from reaching the Anoat sector's populace, caused the value of foodstuff to rise, though the harvests were disrupted when malfunctioning droids began threatening Ertegan civilians.
The Smuggler sent a member of their crew to negotiate a deal with Ertegan traders on the League's behalf, while also sending a pair to assist the locals with the droids in return for crystals as payment.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ertegas was originally created for the Star Wars Legends web article "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin," which was written by Jason Fry, Daniel Wallace and Craig Robert Carey for Wizards of the Coast and released in 2004. It became canon when it was mentioned in the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising, which was developed by Kabam for iOS and Android platforms and released in 2015.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Uprising (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The game Star Wars: Uprising allows the player to send members of their crew from within the Anoat sector to Ertegas during a point in the story where no ships can leave the sector due to the Iron Blockade. As such, Ertegas must be located within the Anoat sector for the crew members to reach it.
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Haunted Mine"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Value of Food"
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Droid Function"
- "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin"