After outing himself as a Jedi, former Padawan Cal Kestis managed to escape from the planet Bracca and joined the crew of the Stinger Mantis after they saved him from a brief skirmish with the Second Sister.
In 19 BBY, Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis was informed by his master, the Lasat Jaro Tapal, that they would finally be moving out of Bracca. However, while chatting, Darth Sidious executed Order 66, causing the entire 13th Battalion to turn on the two Jedi. The two made their way to the escape pods. Cal was able to climb into a pod untouched, Tapal was not so fortunate having multiple blaster wounds. As the escape pod plummeted towards the planet, in his dying breaths Tapal told his Padawan to wait for the Jedi Council's signal. Cal's connection to the Force broke and he kept his master's lightsaber.
Cal spent five years working as a scrapper for the Scrapper Guild, an organization active during the Imperial Era. In 14 BBY, during a scrapping incident, Cal was forced to use the Force to save his friend, Prauf from falling into a Ibdis Maw. The incident was recorded by an Imperial probe droid, causing the Empire to send the Second Sister, Ninth Sister, and a group of Purge Troopers.
After halting a train carrying members of the Scrapper Guild, the Second Sister had the passengers rounded up, and ordered them to hand over a possible Jedi under the threat of having the entire Guild summarily executed. As Purge Troopers took aim at the scrappers, when Prauf defiantly spoke out, confronting and shaming the Empire as a whole for overworking the Scrapper Guild. The Second Sister in response then executed Prauf, and his friend, Cal Kestis, reacted by trying to cut her down with his lightsaber, revealing himself as the Jedi. She blocked Kestis' attack with her double-bladed spinning lightsaber, and lifted him with the Force, throwing him over to the Ninth Sister, who then dropped him off the ledge.
The Jedi survived the fall, landing onto a train. Fighting his way through countless hordes of stormtroopers, including TK-8190. While he fought his way towards the front carriage, Cere Junda arrived aboard the Stinger Mantis to extract him. When the Jedi attempted to board the Mantis, the Second Sister shot at the ship from her TIE/IN interceptor. The Jedi fell onto a platform, where the Second Sister then landed her TIE to confront him. From his stance, she identified that he had underwent training and questioned his master. The two briefly fought, until the Mantis returned, shooting at them and separating the two. The Jedi limped onto the ship as Junda shot at the Second Sister until the door closed. The Second Sister then latched onto the cockpit window and used the Force to alter the steering. Junda, however, took back control of this and the Second Sister was shaken off the window, allowing the Mantis to escape.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (First appearance)
- (First pictured)
- The Star Wars Book
- (Indirect mention only)
- "Darth Maul and Other Dark Side Followers" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Landing at Point Rain" to 21 BBY, and Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) dates the death of CT-411 "Ponds", as seen in the episode "Lethal Trackdown", to the same year. Since places "Brain Invaders" between "Landing at Point Rain" and "Lethal Trackdown," its events must take place in the same year. As the second occupation of Geonosis begins in "Brain Invaders," it must have started in 21 BBY, and Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that the Galactic Empire carried on the occupation after the end of the Clone Wars. Dawn of Rebellion specifies that the Empire continued to hold its presence on Geonosis until the sterilization of Geonosis and that, within months of the genocide, Project Stardust had been entirely relocated to Scarif. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the DS-1 Death Star Mobile Battle Station was moved to that planet nine years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which occurred in 0 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, the Death Star was moved over Scarif in 9 BBY. Based on what Dawn of Rebellion notes about how the sterilization occurred months before the project was situated over Scarif, the sterilization and Imperial withdrawal from Geonosis must have occurred around 9 BBY. Therefore, the second occupation of Geonosis lasted from 21 BBY to around 9 BBY.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is set in 14 BBY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas