The Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, also known as the Jedi starfighter or Jedi interceptor, was a starfighter used by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. Designed to replace the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor, the Eta-2 was a smaller vessel but possessed superior firepower. In 19 BBY Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, piloted two Eta-2's during the Battle of Coruscant.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Measuring 5.47 meters in length, the Eta-2 was a highly maneuverable combat-oriented starfighter utilized by the Jedi Order to lead troops in battle during the final days of the Clone Wars. As with earlier Jedi starfighters, the ship lacked a hyperdrive and relied on an external hyperspace transport ring to reach hyperspace. Despite this, it was faster than its Aethersprite predecessor, with twin ion engines providing a maximum acceleration of 5,200G and a max speed of 1,500 kph. The Eta-2 featured wings with upper and lower radiator panels, S-foils, that were opened to shed excess heat from the ship's engines. The radiator wings were primarily opened during intense combat.
The ship was piloted by a single pilot, with the assistance of a single externally mounted astromech droid for navigation and repair assistance. For defense, the ship featured two laser cannons and two ion cannons. Unlike laser cannons, the ship's ion cannons fired bursts of plasma that caused temporary electrical disruptions to their target upon impact.
History[edit | edit source]
The ship saw extensive use during the latter end of the Clone Wars by the Jedi Order, most notably by Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Master Yoda.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (as Eta-2 Actis interceptor)
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- "Kenobi's Shadow"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis" (Prototype model)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 2
- Lords of the Sith
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Wreckage only)
- "The fake Jedi"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Star Wars 12
- Poe Dameron Annual 2
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "From Trenches to Wrenches: The Roger Story"
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Jedi starfighter)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor)
- Star Wars: Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy (First identified as Jedi interceptor)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Highlights of the Saga: Kidnap of the Chancellor)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Grand Army of the Republic) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Helmets: In Pictures; Highlights of the Saga: Intrigue on Utapau)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Republic Fleet)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- (Picture only)
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Collapse of the Republic
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- (Picture only)