- "It was better animated than most of the stuff on the air at the time."
- ―Paul Dini, Ewoks and Droids writer
In Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire, pressing Alt-V and then typing "ovres" will turn on theatre mode, where R2-D2, Darth Vader and C-3PO watch the cutscenes and comment MST3K-style. At one point, they imitate Rookie One, saying, "Let's see what's on the telly. It's the Ewoks/Droids cartoon hour! I loved that show! Especially that episode where R2 joined that cult.... and began talking like a hippie..."
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23
- "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "Caravan of Courage: Star Wars on Television"—Star Wars Insider 32