During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, Imperial Minister Veris Hydan led an excavation of the Lothal Jedi Temple. He did this on the orders of Emperor Palpatine, who wished to gain access to a portal inside the temple that gave access to the world between worlds. The Empire had become aware of the temple after two Imperial Inquisitors, Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister, tracked the Jedi Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger, and former Jedi Ahsoka Tano, there around the year 3 BBY. During the excavation, one of the doors of the temple was removed, stone by stone, and transported offworld. The doorway contained one portal to the mystical Force realm.
The excavation uncovered a painting of the three powerful Force-wielders, the Father, Daughter and Son, which Hydan correctly deduced had a connection to the portal he sought. In the year 0 BBY, the Spectres, a group of Rebels, undertook a mission to the temple. There, Ezra and Sabine Wren snuck into the excavation site disguised as scout troopers. The two figured out how to activate the portal before Sabine was caught and unmasked, and Ezra entered the world between worlds. The excavation ended after Ezra, upon returning to Lothal through the portal, activated the painting of the Mortis gods in such a way that the Jedi temple was permanently destroyed, preventing the Empire from accessing that portal.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell" (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- ↑ A Princess on Lothal" takes place roughly three years before the Battle of Yavin. As a result, "Shroud of Darkness"—which is set after "A Princess on Lothal"—also occurs around three years before the Battle of Yavin. indicates that "
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- ↑ The epilogue of "Family Reunion – and Farewell" occurs after the end of the Galactic Civil War, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 5 ABY, so the epilogue must take place during or after that year. The mission to the Lothal Jedi Temple occurs prior to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY, so it must take place during or prior to that year. The mission takes place between "Wolves and a Door" and "Family Reunion – and Farewell"'s epilogue, which Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy establishes there is a five year gap between. Therefore, the mission must take place in 0 BBY.