The Expansionist Era, also known as the Expansion Period or the Galactic Expansion Era, was the term given to the years after the Galactic Republic formed, when transit between the Core Worlds was opened up by the newly-developed hyperdrive, and during the early expansion of the Republic. Also, the Tion Hegemony, at this time, was a proud civilization, and most of the worlds of the Allied Tion sector were settled.
Timeline of the Expansionist EraEdit
- 25,053 BBY
- With the Rakatan hyperdrive having been reverse-engineered by Corellian scientists, the inhabitants of the Core Worlds begin to expand outward and settle the known galaxy.
- The Galactic Republic is founded with the signing of the Galactic Constitution, and Coruscant becomes the new government's capital.
- 25,000 BBY
- The Perlemian Trade Route is founded, linking Coruscant with Ossus and the Tion Cluster.
- The Corellian Run is mapped, ensuring the economic dominance of Corellia in the forming Republic; the Corellian Run forms the southern border of the Slice.
- Republic scouts make contact with the Jedi Order on Ossus, and Jedi Master Haune Tiar accompanies the scouts back to the Republic. After conferring for several weeks, the Order pledge themselves to the Republic's service.
- With the development of the hyperdrive, Queen Rana allows for a wave of colonization to embark from Duros; one of the colony worlds is the planet Neimoidia, which is colonized by a group of Duros led by Chla C'cHaan. (Approximate date)
- The Jedi Sar Agorn takes on a Padawan in Cope Shykrill, but Shykrill falls to the dark side of the Force and is struck down. (Approximate date)
- 24,500 BBY
- The First Great Schism erupts in the Core Worlds between the Jedi Order and the Legions of Lettow, members of the Jedi Order who seek to use the dark side against the Order's wishes. The Legions' leader Xendor originally asked for permission to create an academy for the study of Force techniques outlawed by the Jedi, and after their refusal he founded the Legions on Lettow—prompting the Order to declare war on them.
- The Schism sees Xendor's death at Columus, and the conflict ends not long afterwards as the Order invaded Lettow.
- 24,000 BBY
- The Tionese War begins: the Tionese unite as the Honorable Union of Desevro & Tion and attack the Republic, storming down the Perlemian. The Republic begins producing warships at Core shipyards, but the Tionese push into the heart of the Republic and bomb numerous worlds. The Republic ultimately repels the Tionese with a desperate counterattack by numerous Core systems, sparking a series of offensives and counteroffensives that last around a century.
- 23,900 BBY
- c. 23,643 BBY
- c. 22,800 BBY
- c. 22,000 BBY
- 20,100 BBY
- 20,000 BBY
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (as Expansionist Period)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (as Galactic Expansion era)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (as Expansion Era)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition (as Galactic Expansion era)
- "Relic"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Heroes & Rogues (as Expansionist Period)
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Expansionist Period")
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition, p. 4.
- ↑ The Last Command Sourcebook
- ↑ The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Galactic History 12: The Birth of the Republic"
- ↑ The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- ↑ Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Uphrades" on Uphrades
- ↑ Coruscant and the Core Worlds