- "Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings."
- ―The Sith Emperor
Notable extra-galactic and alleged extra-galactic species included the Yuuzhan Vong and the Chazrach, the Kwa, the Nagai and Tofs (originating in Firefist), and the Silentium and Abominor droid species which may have originated in the Yuuzhan Vong's home galaxy. The sentient ship (and its pilot) Luke and Leia encountered also originated in another galaxy.
The InterGalactic Banking Clan had influence as far as the Rishi Maze and Firefist. The Starhunter's Intergalactic Menagerie made trips to and from the outer galaxies, capturing rare animals for sale.
The Sith Emperor Vitiate, when telling the Hero of Tython his plans for his galaxy-destroying ritual, said that there were other galaxies beyond theirs and that he would experience or ignore them as he wished. This implied that he, or the Sith Empire, had means of reaching these locations—assuming the galaxy-destroying ritual wouldn't also consume the hyperspace disturbance at the edge of the galaxy.
At some point during the height of the Galactic Empire, the Imperial Senate issued Intergalactic Passports to allow the owner to travel throughout the six known galaxies. In addition, Arhul Hextrophon in a guest lecture for the Brionelle Memorial Military Academy speculated that Emperor Palpatine by the time of his resurrection and ruling of the Dark Empire may have planned to eventually engage in extra-galactic conquest due to his usage of World Devastators.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Infinity's End
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- The New Jedi Order series
- Star Wars: Invasion
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Intergalactic Passport
- Alien Encounters
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ New Jedi Order series
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File 139 (DAT1, Dathomir)
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ Star Wars 38: Riders in the Void
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Star Wars: Droids—"Coby and the Starhunters"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Intergalactic Passport
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Endnotes for The New Essential Guide to Droids: PART 1 of 3
- https://web.archive.org/web/20050204235748/http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/f20000817/index.html) (